Episode 05: Perfectionism
For years, perfectionism has been a challenge for both Lynn and Amanda. Perfectionism, at its best, manifests as high standards, and at its worst makes a person feel overwhelmed and inadequate. What a mess!
This episode dives deep into Chapter 13 of The Pursuit of Badasserie: How to Create Badass Business Abundance to explore personal origins and triggers for perfectionism. What causes it and how can it be combatted?
Join Lynn and Amanda as they uncover hidden sides of this common conundrum.
In the episode we talk about:
- Recovering perfectionists
- The debilitating nature of perfectionism
- Congruency between internal and external perfectionism
- How this trait manifested differently in us both
- Perfectionism as a survival mechanism
- Nature vs. nurture
- Standing out or hiding behind
- Getting to the root of it
- How to overcome
- Understanding triggers and tendencies
- Forgiving yourself
- Progress over perfection
- DISC assessment
- Action steps!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
- Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW wherever you listen!
- Have a question? CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE.