Episode 19: The “Lazy Salesman” with Graham Dobbin
In this example-filled continuation of our Podcast Sales Series, we are excited to welcome Graham Dobbin to the show! Graham is a sales expert, the Director of Change Management & Implementation of Dale Carnegie Training, another one of the incredible contributors to our new book, The Pursuit of Badasserie, The Sales Edition: Badass Business Sales Solutions, and a longtime friend of Lynn’s.
From door-to-door mop sales to a Sales Trainer and Master, Graham has seen every possible angle of sales imaginable and has the stories to prove it.
Calling himself the “lazy salesman” while learning the balance of all the highs and lows of a life in sales, Graham speaks on the importance of relational selling, authenticity, curiosity, and trust.
In this episode we discuss:
- Graham’s introduction to sales
- The original “remote work”
- How initiative can change the game
- Selling yourself
- How to put yourself front-of-mind for a job application
- Proactive and active sales strategies
- Being street smart and learning how to be as a person and salesperson
- Finding your instinctive curiosity and opportunity
- Changing the game by tapping into hunger
- Being the lazy salesperson
- Building lifelong sales relationships
- Having a reason to go back to prospects
- Learning to fail
- Making sure you secure your deals
- Balancing the highs and the lows
- Creating patterns of not closing the sale
- Acknowledging wins and sales insecurity
- Old school sales
- Relationship selling
- The mix of old and new techniques
- Getting uncomfortable
- It’s all about the number of conversations we are having
- The importance of trust
- Building a good network around you
- Correcting sales misconceptions
- The struggle with sales scripts
- Being authentic
- Be yourself and no one else
- Sales pressure
Find and follow Graham!
Graham Dobbin, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Director – Change Management & Implementation
- Dale Carnegie Training
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
- Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW wherever you listen!
- Have a question? CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE.