Episode 20: Ingenious Alternatives to Selling with Ian Genius
Sales doesn’t have to be hard! In this hilarious episode of The Pursuit of Badasserie: The Podcast, we welcome Ian Genius, who went from hating everything about sales to becoming an international sales expert.
If there were ever a podcast to break down sales in the simplest way possible, this is it! Learn from easy-to-understand examples and straightforward explanations that will have you taking notes, and taking over your sales game.
And don’t forget to check out Ian as one of the contributors to our newest book, The Pursuit of Badasserie, The Sales Edition: Badass Business Sales Solutions!
You don’t want to miss this one!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Ian’s start in sales
- Making selling easier
- Fight or flight
- Buying under duress
- Making a sale so easy that you don’t need to be better at selling
- The best salesperson isn’t in the business
- Showing the problem and the solution
- Disconnection from the problem
- Who is the expert?
- Inferior competitors, DIY, and doing nothing
- Choices within the sales process
- Making it easier for your clients to make the best choice
- Who’s fault is it if your client chooses the wrong product or service?
- You can’t help someone you are fighting
- Selling yourself
- Getting in your own way
- Understanding the problem and knowing your own solution
- Focusing on the price of service rather than the value it offers
- How to help people understand your value
- Painting a realistic picture
- When you’re the expert, you forget how to be a beginner
- Just because you are making it simple, doesn’t mean your client is stupid
- Everything is simple to the expert, so where is the benchmark?
- The problem with K.I.S.S.
- Fail quicker
- Thinking and overthinking in business
- Helping others because you’ve been worse, not because you are better
- Your failures as a strength
Find and Follow Ian!
Here is the link to his free ebook –
Ian Genius, Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
- Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW wherever you listen!
- Have a question? CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE.