Episode 26: Old School Sales Meets New School Strategy with Adrian Talbot
Selling today may look very different than it did ten, twenty, or even sixty years ago, but many of the traditional techniques still apply. And even though the buyers, the products, the technology, and the communication have changed significantly, the importance of listening and connecting with clients has not (or not completely).
Today, old school meets new school with our special guest, Adrian Talbot. With over 40 years of sales experience, Adrian combines traditional sales tactics with a modern twist and an emphasis on customer relations. Tune in and learn more in today’s episode of The Pursuit of Badasserie: The Podcast.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Adrian’s start in sales (involving cigarettes and whiskey)
- Boiler room sales
- Selling what the clients want vs the high ticket
- Compounding knowledge
- Listening to clients and matching the right products
- How to get the sale the client wants while also appeasing the quota
- Never give up
- Be persistent, patient, and polite
- Always try to find a different reason why the client should be with you
- Keep knowledgeable on your product, but also on the client’s industry
- Be someone they want to listen to
- Position yourself as the expert
- Loving getting the deal
- The difficulty with industry ignorance
- The fear of face-to-face interactions over the use of email and technology
- Email can’t sell
- The two-way street of sales
- Relationship building
- Coming from a position of strength
- Speaking to the right person
- Body language and cues
- The importance of truly listening
- People like to talk about themselves, so give them the opportunity
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems
- Keeping track of the little nuances
Find and Follow Adrian:
Sales Director at www.showhouse.co.uk
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss an episode!
- Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW wherever you listen!
- Have a question? CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE.