Episode 41: Pinterest for Business Owners
All you Pinterest scrollers, this one is for you!
We are so excited to welcome Mackenzie Armstrong onto the show today (for those of you who caught her in the 5-Day Sales Masterseries, you know what we are talking about).
Mackenzie is a former educator turned Pinterest strategist. In the words of Johnny from Dirty Dancing, “Nobody puts Baby in a corner,” instead of being the best-kept secret with hidden content in the corners of your website and social, Mackenzie teaches entrepreneurs with blogs and podcasts to fill their audience with ideal clients using Pinterest. She believes that Pinterest is an underutilized strategy for most businesses–especially entrepreneurs. Feel relieved and confident using content you’ve already got (and everything you create in the future) to reach the right people without spending all your time posting.
Let’s spotlight the remarkable potential of Pinterest as an invaluable tool for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Through this insightful conversation, we discuss the myriad of ways in which this visually-driven platform can elevate brand presence and drive growth. Gain insights into crafting compelling, shareable content that resonates with Pinterest’s engaged user base. From optimizing pins to harnessing the platform’s algorithm to reach wider audiences, this episode unfolds a comprehensive strategy for harnessing Pinterest’s power. Whether it’s uncovering the art of storytelling through boards or capitalizing on trends, we are going to equip you with the knowledge to wield Pinterest as a dynamic force in their marketing arsenal, ultimately propelling your business to newfound heights of recognition and success. Let’s do this!
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- It’s like Google, but awesome-er
- Pinterest as a search engine
- Digital hoarding
- The biggest misconception
- The ease of using Pinterest
- Avoid burying your content
- Getting to the content you are actively searching for
- Mackenzie’s background in teaching
- Inspiring users to find information
- Getting people the information they need
- 463 million people visit Pinterest monthly
- Searching your niche
- 80% of people on Pinterest are there to buy
- Efficiency in Pinterest work
- Using Pinterest for personal reasons and for business research
- You don’t have to engage the way you do on social media
- The Pinterest algorithm
- Top Pinterest tips for business owners
- Pinterest Analytics
- Keyword research
- Graphic choices for your pins
- Understanding your audience
- Manual A/B test
- Starting out on Pinterest
- Chrome extension for Pinterest
- Canva usage
- Audience aesthetic
- 3 types of pins
- Third-party extensions like Tailwind
- Taking the leap into entrepreneurship
- Get your content out there
- It’s never too late!
- How to handle multiple businesses
- Naming your boards
- Relating to your audience
- SEO and keywords
- Action step!
“5-Step Pinterest Lead Generation” Checklist
These are the first five things I do as a Pinterest Strategist to make sure an account is ready to start gathering leads. Find it here: https://mailchi.mp/094a443952bd/8adks2uarl
- Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW wherever you listen!
- Have a question? CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE.