Episode 43: The Power of Publicity with Christina Lenkowski
Welcome to another exciting episode of The Pursuit of Badasserie: The Podcast with Lynn and Amanda. Today we are so excited to welcome Christina Lenkowski of Publicity by Christina as our guest. She’s not your average entrepreneur; she’s a publicity strategist with a wealth of experience in the online world and a background in PR agencies. Christina is the founder of Publicity by Christina, where she works her magic to help authors, thought-leaders, and business coaches establish credibility, expand their audience reach, and consistently create client-winning, product-selling opportunities through aligned podcast appearances.
In fact, Christina and her dedicated team have an impressive track record, securing her clients with over 250 podcast recordings on some of the top shows in the industry. We’re talking about big names like “Enneagram and Coffee,” “The Online Business Show with Tyler McCall,” “Her Empire Builder,” and many others. So, if you’ve been wondering how to take your 5 or 6-figure business ventures to the illustrious realm of 7-figures, and transform your brand from being the “best-kept-secret” to the “go-to-expert,” then you’re in for a treat today.
We’ll delve into the power of publicity and learn from Christina’s insights and strategies. So grab your notepads and get ready to unlock the secrets of turning your dreams into reality through the art of strategic publicity.
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- The Journey to Expert Status: Christina’s own journey and how she went from PR agencies to founding Publicity by Christina, helping clients become go-to experts in their fields.
- The Podcast Powerhouse: How Christina and her team have leveraged podcast appearances to create incredible opportunities for her clients and elevate their businesses.
- From 5 to 7 Figures: The steps and strategies involved in turning your modest 5 or 6-figure business into a thriving 7-figure venture.
- Breaking the “Best-Kept-Secret” Curse: Tips and tricks on shedding the cloak of obscurity and becoming a household name in your industry.
- Actionable Takeaways: Christina will share some actionable tips and advice for our listeners, so you can start applying these principles to your own business today.
So whether you’re a budding entrepreneur looking to skyrocket your brand or an established business owner aiming for that 7-figure milestone, this episode is packed with valuable insights and practical advice that you won’t want to miss. Let’s dive right in and learn from the best in the business.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- An explanation of what “publicity” is and what it means for entrepreneurs
- 3 buckets of marketing – owner, earned, and paid
- Consumers believe earned media 70% more than any other marketing
- Creating trust
- Getting in front of other people’s audiences
- The importance of relationships in business
- What people don’t realize about getting on podcasts
- Spray and pray method
- Benefits of hiring a publicist
- Mindset shifts for entrepreneurs looking to be on podcasts
- Slowing down
- Realizing what’s realistic
- Goals and Dream shows
- Behind the scenes of entrepreneurship and hitting it big
- Becoming a Better Guest
- Moving from 6 to 7 figures
- Leverage everything
- Creating content from podcast appearances
- Gaining 10 pieces of content from each podcast episode
- National Press Releases
- The importance of SEO
- The difference between having a podcast vs. guesting on a podcast
- Best-kept secret to go-to expert
- Using support to get things done and prioritizing
- If you build it they will NOT come
- Putting yourself out there
- Getting scrappy
- Rejection and the worst-case scenario
- PR vs. a Marketing Coach
- Building long-term relationships
- Taking risks
- You can do this!
Her podcast is not currently active, but you can check it out HERE.
- Like the show? LEAVE US A REVIEW wherever you listen!
- Have a question? CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Want to sponsor us? Find out how HERE.